The Veterinary College, Bangalore was established on 25th July, 1958, by the then Hon'ble Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri. B.D. Jatti. The college is affiliated to Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU), the college has become the part of the KVAFSU and Approved by Veterinary Council of India (VCI), New Delhi. The college initially started functioning in Mysore Serum Institute, now called Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals (IAH&VB). The main focus of this institution is to make Veterinary Education responsive to the growing needs of the society in general and aspirations of the livestock farmers in particular. In this direction it strives hard to produce highly skilled and competent manpower to meet the needs of the changing society and challenges of the new areas of research and extension. The college has produced 3164 veterinary graduates, 980 post graduates leading to Masters and 130 doctorates, who were and are working across the globe in different capacities. Presently, there are 19 departments in the college, all offering courses for under graduate program. 12 departments are offering post graduate program both at Masters and Doctoral level, 2 departments are offering Master's degree program.
Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU)
Veterinary College, Bangalore, Bellary Rd, Opposite To CBI office, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka 560024 Phone: 080 2341 0509